MEM Home page
Graduates will be able to:• Effectively apply the principles of effective management in conjunction with an in-depth understanding of the music industry.• Establish an effective management relationship with a performing artist over an extended period to enable the artist to achieve key artistic…
MEM501 Music Management
1. Apply the principles of financial management to given contexts. 2. Describe the principles of leadership in given contexts 3. Apply communication skills in a variety of given contexts
MEM502 Music Marketing
1. Describe the key principles of marketing 2. Develop marketing plans for the promotion of a music product or service
MEM503 Artist Management I
1. Describe the key principles of artist management 2. Describe the legal considerations relating to artist management
MEM505 Event management I
1. Describe the key principles of music event management 2. Describe the legal considerations relating to music event management
MEM506 Event Management II
Manage a live event Apply the principles of leadership to the management of a team or project.
MEM508 Music Industry
1. Describe the implications of intellectual property for the music industry.2. Evaluate options for the release and distribution of recorded music. 3. Plan for a recorded music release.4. Analyse the challenges associated with working in the creative sector.