Contemporary Music Performance Home Page
Welcome to the Certificate in Contemporary Music Performance L4 homepage! My name is Chris Orange and I am the Programme Leader for Cert CMP, here at MAINZ.Click here for a link to the whole MAINZ timetable or you can navigate to your year, cohort, and band group below. Please contact me…
MUS401 Applied Music 1
1. Identify and document musical elements including pitch, rhythm, and harmony in defined contexts. 2. Document their progress with a chosen instrument. 3. Prepare for and perform a set piece on a chosen instrument.
MUS402 Applied Music 2
1. Interpret and document musical elements including pitch, rhythm, and harmony in defined contexts. 2. Reflect on their progress with a chosen instrument. 3. Prepare for and perform a solo recital on a chosen instrument.
MUS403 Contemporary Music in Context
1. Describe the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the contemporary music and related industries. 2. Identify technological, historical, and socio-cultural influences on contemporary music genres and artists. 3. Describe musical elements of contemporary music genres.
MUS404 Music Performance 1
1. Prepare for and perform a series of concerts covering a range of contemporary music genres. 2. Safely operate a small public address system. 3. Identify stage and production requirements for a performance.
MUS405 Music Performance 2
1. Prepare for and perform contemporary music that includes original material, in a range of settings. 2. Use stagecraft skills to perform for an audience. 3. Prepare for and perform on a recording project.
MUS406 Contemporary Music Writing
1. Apply principles of music theory to given composition and arranging tasks. 2. Apply lyric writing techniques to given composition tasks. 3. Contribute musical parts to songs in recording and live performance contexts.
MUS407 Music Industry Studies
1. Describe key roles and career pathways in the local and global music and related industries. 2. Apply appropriate personal and interpersonal skills for work in the music and related industries. 3. Describe business principles relevant to their professional practice.