This is for staff, a short experience of Moodle 2.3
Several short activities, your time, your pace. Maybe 20 minutes a few times over a fortnight.
Do I have to do this all at once? No. You can pick things up at your own pace.
Aim: to have a short experience of Moodle 2.3 as a student. Good for you (you will be able to walk in their shoes as it were), good for us (we'll get a feel for how Moodle 2.3 is going to go).
After this, if anyone needs it, we will have a slightly deeper option "Using Moodle" to consider the basics of course design and teaching with an online component.
Some of you that I have invited are already familiar with version 2.3. You are more like the 'rent a crowd' option. (Thanks!!)
TOPICS: Experiencing Moodle 2.3
- Getting into Moodle. (Profiles, passwords and navigation)
- Navigation to courses, what is a Moodle “course”? (members, roles and enrolments)
- Forums and how they work. (Subscriptions and notifications)
- How to use the delete button: skim, scan, strip, gut.
- Using forums to manage all sorts of activities.
- Good and not so good online course design and experiences.
- Being online: your online persona. How to save time and achieve more.
- What Moodle can do and not do.
- Of you do not have an account for this site, check out the account creation process.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Derek for an enrolment key.
- Login, and once you are logged in, navigate to the course: click on Teaching support > Experiencing Moodle 2.3
- Enter the enrolment key
- You are in. Click on "Start here . . ."
Call or e-mail Derek if there are any questions.